Boogar came from the Carolinas. When I first met him, all I could do is wonder what Deb was thinking. He was scrawny, graceless, and parrot-mouthed.
Ciara Darren nominated me for a Liebster Award. I will leave her text below, and answer the questions.
Back on January 4th, Hana at Follow That Rabbit! nominated me for something called the Liebster award. From a Blank Page to Happily Ever after also poked me for the award yesterday, before I could finish hunting up the last of my ten nominees. She didn’t leave me questions, since she’s on the award a second time, so I’m just going to link back to her with a thank you!
Shamelessly copying from Hana’s post on the Liebster Award here, because when I looked this up, there were so many variations and different rules that I’m going to just go with the “strain” of the award that was passed to me and keep it simple.
So Hana wrote: The Liebster Award, according to a previous nominee named Erin, “is essentially a token of appreciation passed around in the blogging community. It’s also only given out to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers to encourage new bloggers. At least, that’s how I’m interpreting it.”The rules of the award include:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you. Note: I don’t know how to do this.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with fewer than 200 followers.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
So, Ciara talking again here, these are the fun, thoughtful and provocative bloggers I’ve hunted down an poked as my nominees. I hope they enjoy it and realize that I really did spend time trying to find bloggers I felt were contributing and positive presences in blogging. If any of my nominees aren’t the kind of blogger who want to do this, I understand but still wanted to give you recognition as I’ve enjoyed your work.
In no particular order:
Here are the questions posed to me by Hana (Japanese for flower):
1. Why did you start your blog?
I want to learn how blogs work, and post some random stuff.
2. What is your favorite video game? Rock Band.
3. What’s the first thing on your bucket list? Why?
First thing? Finish my PhD.
4. Would you want to live forever (at the age you are now)? Why or why not?
5. Favorite quote. Or one that makes you think.
In the field of observation, chance favors the prepared mind. Of course, he said it in French.
6. Why do you like your favorite food?
All of them–but especially stuff that I don’t have to cook.
7. What’s the first book that you remember loving?
The Black Stallion.
8. What instrument would you most like to play?
Any. I played French horn, and wish I could play it well.
9. Favorite thing that happened in 2013.
Join the Translational Pulmonary Science Center
10. What are you most excited about in 2014?
So that me. Here’s the questions for my nominees:
1. At what moment did you think, I should blog about this? This being whatever your blog is about.
I often want to write about science.
2. Wolverine or Captain America? Why? Wolverine! I love the assholes.
3. You’re offered one day to go back in time, any time you want, but you have to stay for twenty-four hours. Where and when would you go? Why? I can’t answer this. It always comes back to trying to save one of my loved ones.
4. What’s the farthest you’ve traveled from where you were born? Italy.
5. Have you ever scene a monument, natural event or park that just left you in awesome? Where was it and why? Niagara Falls. It was awesome. In the old-fashioned meaning of that word.
6. Which would you prefer, spaghetti, sushi or curry? I love all three, but I pay for curry.
7. What’s one word you would like to see used less. Actually.
8. What’s one rarely used word that would enrich the common lexicon of the country you live in. Hypothesis
9. What would be your preferred sleeping furniture: a clean floor, Harry’s bed at Hogwarts, Captain America’s underwater pod, a train going somewhere with your coat rolled up under your head, or anywhere on the Millennium Falcon? I prefer sleeping next to whereever Randy is.
10. Favorite drink. Alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Chocolate milk.